Elkhart General Hospital and Memorial Hospital of South Bend — two accomplished medical legacies joining together to shine brilliantly and to create health. Introducing Beacon Health System.
Beacon Health System is the nonprofit parent organization of Elkhart General Hospital and Memorial Hospital of South Bend, providing world-class care throughout North Central Indiana and Southwestern Michigan. Elkhart General Hospital and Memorial Hospital of South Bend, two accomplished medical legacies operating health care facilities in Elkhart, St. Joseph and LaPorte counties in Indiana, as well as in Michigan, have each delivered exceptional and compassionate care for more than 100 years.
Regional Team, Local Focus
Together, Elkhart General Hospital and Memorial Hospital of South Bend employ more than 6,000 team members and volunteers; operate more than 1,000 hospital beds and are staffed by nearly 1,000 physicians. Each year, approximately 4,500 babies are delivered at both hospitals. And both have provided exceptional regional health care for more than a century. Its community-owned hospitals have been frequently honored for outstanding care by some of the country’s most respected health care ranking systems, including HealthGrades, Inc. and Thomson Reuters 100 Top Hospitals®.
Beacon Health System is also a research and education organization, guiding clinical research trials for a variety of illnesses and helping train medical residents in the fields of family medicine and hospital pharmacy.
World-Class Care Close to Home
Beacon Health System's many notable medical and community programs provide world-class, high-quality, locally-owned care and education. Included among our critical and award-winning services are:
- Northern Indiana’s only comprehensive children's hospital
- Breast Imaging Centers of Excellence at Elkhart General Hospital and Memorial Hospital of South Bend
- A Cardiac Surgery program designated as one of America's 100 Best from HealthGrades, Inc.
- March 30, 2015
- Memorial Children's Hospital Selected as Beneficiary of Fourth Annual Four Winds Invitational
- March 11, 2015
- Nutrition & Exercise 101 at Elkhart General Hospital
- March 11, 2015
- Memorial’s Pfeil Innovation Center’s ‘Innovation Immersion’ Sessions Certified for Human Resource Professionals